It’s spring here in New Jersey, but it sure doesn’t feel like it! The high today is 41º, but the strong wind makes it feel more like 20. These frigid temperatures have me reaching for my slow cooker to make some hearty comfort food for me and my family. A favorite in my household is Slow Cooker Angel Chicken. I found this recipe on Pinterest years ago and I’ve been making it ever since. It’s probably my husband’s favorite meal I make, and the kids really enjoy it too. It’s so easy to prepare, and the best part is I can throw it all together before anyone wakes up and by dinner time all I have to do is serve!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 8oz package of sliced mushrooms (my husband LOVES mushrooms so I actually use 2 packages)
- 1 can of condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 packet of dry italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 C chicken broth
- 1/2 of an 8oz tub of chive and onion cream cheese
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add the italian salad dressing packet. Stir in the soup, chicken broth, and cream cheese until it combines and melts.
- Place the mushrooms in the bottom of your crockpot and place the chicken breasts on top.
- Pour the sauce mix on top of the chicken, cover with lid and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Serve over rice (or pasta if you wish!)
I hope you all enjoy this as much as we do! I would love to know if you make this. Comment below and let me know if you made this, or what your favorite crock pot recipe is!